The Welfare of Gunners

The Welfare of Gunners

The Welfare of Gunners

Executive Director RCAA

I expect that all us at one time or another have hit a bump in the road that has disrupted our lives or the lives of those near and dear to us.  A sudden illness or disability, a catastrophic accident, the loss of a home; regardless of the cause, we need help!

As Gunners, we are fortunate that we have several life-lines for which we can reach.  For serving personnel and their families the Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services (CFMWS) provides a broad range of assistance and financial support.  These can be accessed through your unit or base administrative services or through the service directory at www.cfmws.com/YourServices.

For retired personnel medical and financial support services are provided by Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) go to http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/contact/vac-assistance-service.

In addition, the Legion provides advice and support to both members and non-members.  Your local Legion branch has a Services Officer who is familiar with all the support services available to retired personnel.  http://www.legion.ca/we-can-help/contact-a-service-officer/

If you, a loved one or a former comrade needs help then advise CFMWS, VAC or the Legion; if they don’t know that a problem exists, they can’t provide the necessary help. If in doubt, you can always contact the Executive Director at execdir.rcaa.aarc@gmail.com.